Sunday, May 15, 2011

A flood of emotions..

Alex and I are finally at the hotel near LAX spending our last official night in California until we don't know when. We've said our last goodbyes to family and friends. But somehow, it just doesn't seem like it will ever be enough.

I am personally so excited for the opprotunity we are about to embark on. Even though I am filled with excitement, I am also full of fear, anxiety, sadness and uncertainty. I am pretty good about distracting my mind from those negative or not so great feelings but about every 15 minutes I start thinking about how I won't see my sister for 2 months, or how we won't be able to just drive two blocks to Alex's parents house to see them, and it overwhelms me with those feelings I've tried to avoid. I've lived a life full of emotions, good and bad, and I'm not scared of letting them show or feeling them... I just try to keep myself excited so I don't become upset about moving.

Our "adventure" will start in the morning. I'm praying for smooth flights. That being said, my next post will (Lord willing) be from the safety of our hotel room in Orlando, FL!

1 comment:

  1. good luck! i am excited for the both of you and am wishing for nothing but goot things! :)

    ReplyDelete