Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Moving on...

This is Alex...

I don't want this post to be totally depressing, but I thought I'd update you on my status/progress.

Today is our graduation day, I'll post pictures of it later. If we have any. We're making it a quick grab 'n go, because I need to go to Casting and talk to them about opportunities in California.

As you may have guessed already, I was rejected from my last internship, and will now be jobless when I move back.


Above is the most recent screenshot of my application statuses as of 12/13. I did apply for some regular, non-intern, roles like Account Manager at Yellow Shoes, Disney University Ops (Seasonal), and Interview Partner (Seasonal). I have no idea when, or IF I'll ever hear from those roles.

I did apply for the Ops Manager-Resorts in Orlando, but didn't even know I was rejected.

To prove that I was, in fact, offered a Professional Internship, I've attached a screenshot of my offer letter below.


My role would have paid $11.60/hr and been 40 hours a week.

It's unfortunate that I had to turn down the offer, but my managers and future managers have been understanding through the entire process. They say it's not uncommon for certain unavoidable situations to occur causing someone to turn down their internship.

I'm trying to look on the brighter side, that maybe I'll find something more permanent while in California and Suzette is locked in her contract. My mangers are even helping me try to find something suitable, but it is difficult since the job market is very small. I am still very thankful for their help and support.

1 comment:

  1. I know its got to be beyond frustrating, but you're still moving forward even though you're moving back. We are so thrilled that you guys will be closer! Let us know how we can help! Love you!

    ReplyDelete