Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Home, but not home.

That's right folks. If you're just joining us, we're home.... but not quite home.

Let me explain. On our 4-day journey over from Orlando, we realize that home is not where you are, where the heart is, or where you enjoy the area, but it's all about where your friends and family are.

We definitely miss our Disney family in Orlando, but we're excited to see where the company will take them, and when we will re-unite. Some of them are already booking hotels in Anaheim for when they visit. Below, I wanted to update everyone on where we are exactly, and what our plans are in the near future.

As soon as we arrived, we went to Disneyland and Downtown Disney. I, Alex, decided to go to the fur (costumed character) audition on Saturday to meet with a manager about being a character attendant. Unfortunately, I was rejected after the first round, but it was a fun experience, and I was able to meet with the manager that I was told to find. Hopefully it will help get me something with the company again. In the meantime, I've applied to a few positions around the Orange County and LA areas including The Honda Center, AEG Staples Center, a few small ice rinks, Knott's, Universal, and other roles with Disney.

We're currently at "home" in Visalia for a few days, and we'll be moving to our new "home" in Anaheim on Friday. For now, we will live in a hotel just down the street from Disneyland for the first month while we look for a more permanent place, and I can look for a small job.

I didn't want to leave you without pictures. So, we wanted to bring you along to Disneyland with us.










This is what happens when you start going crazy while driving through Texas.






 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment