Friday, October 19, 2012

Nearing the end...

As much as I don't like to admit it, yes... the end of the year is near. Time has surely flown by. Let me update you on everything from this past year.

Some of you already know that Suzette and I participated in the Disney College Program at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. After the program, I encouraged Suzette to apply for the Professional Management Internship at Disneyland after I had applied for the Internship with the Youth Education Series Program. We were both interviewed for the Management Internship, and I was offered the Disney Y.E.S. Program internship. Near the end of 2011, Suzette was offered a Custodial Management Internship at Disneyland, and we decided that we wanted to move back home to California. So, I turned down my internship, and began looking for any work in Orange County.

Suzette completed her internship, and was offered a temporary assignment, in Disneyland day custodial, until further notice. She receives a review just about every four months, and she is notified of an extended assignment, a different assignment, a full-time offer, or is moved to a "front-line" role.

It's still amazing how she went from this...


To this...




Her area loves her, and I am always hearing good things about her from other Operations Managers around the parks.

I was able to find a small part-time job with Disney as a parade support crew member. My primary location is working backstage on Fantasmic! and I love everything about my job.




I really give it all to my Area Manager Robb, who gave me a chance, and continues to help when I need it most. He supported me and encouraged me to re-apply for the Professional Internship role (The Emerging Leader Program), but I felt like it may not be a good fit after I was rejected again. Now, I'm on the road to self-discovery. Finding little things about myself that might shine in certain roles. People have been so helpful to introduce me to managers, operations managers, area managers and more. I'm really grateful for the friends by my side who have listened and supported us.

My college program best buddy visited the "land", but I wish we would have had a day to hang out.



After everything with work started to slow down, I decided to start volunteering again, and signed up for Disney Voluntears. The first project was a playground build at a local Boys & Girls Club. They had a raffle, and I won 4 tickets to the Anaheim Angels game!


The next event is Little Monsters. It's a special treat halloween party for Cast Members and their kids. I really hope my schedule works out for me to work the entire event, but I am excited to participate.


And now the farewell...

Suzette is due for another review around the end of November, and we're both really hoping for something positive. We've already sacrificed everything we had. Please keep us in your thoughts as we continue this crazy journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment